The RCEME Culture Advisory Organization (RCAO) is a network of dedicated and passionate volunteers within the Corps who, through collaboration with RCEME members, identify solutions to systemic issues impacting Corps members’ well-being. The RCAO initiative will analyze Corps organizational culture and subcultures, including the traditions and regimental system, to fully support progressive and necessary change.
The RCAO will be established by phase (Timeline updated as of 7 February 2022). :
- Phase 0 – Ongoing: This phase consists of advance preparations for training, establishment of administrative and external SME support, and the garnering of regional volunteers. Additional communication via social media and email will be forthcoming in order to ensure all Corps members have a chance to volunteer for this endeavour;
- Phase 1A – Condition Based (February 2022): Assignment of Regional roles and initial briefings and training to be completed;
- Phase 1B – Condition Based (February 2022): Regional committees integration with Division initiatives;
- Phase 2 – Condition Based (Spring 2022): Initial focus groups and surveys; and
- Phase 3 – Condition Based: Continuous improvement cycle commences. This phase will see a consolidation of recommendations at the National level and any necessary adjustments or improvements to the RCAO.
While we continue to build the organization, for any questions, additional information or guidance, please contact the National Committee at RCEMECulture-CultureGEMRC@forces.gc.ca.
All RCAO members aim to be part of Culture change solutions in the Corps of RCEME hence why they have selflessly volunteered to be a part of this organization. The RCAO is divided into a National and Regional Committees to ensure representation from every region. Members of all ranks and backgrounds can be part of the organization. The current members leading this initiative are:
- LCol Maxime Champagne (Maxime.Champagne@forces.gc.ca)
- Maj Anthony Nguyen (Antoine.Nguyen@forces.gc.ca)
- MWO Krista McKeough (Krista.McKeough@forces.gc.ca)
- Capt Daniel Zhao (Daniel.Zhao@forces.gc.ca)
The Regional Committees will include the co-chair members of the respective regions including Western, Central, NCR, Quebec and Atlantic region. The list of regional Co-Chair members can be seen here.
RCAO Terms of References
The RCAO TORs and Communique were drafted to formalize the RCAO initiative and provide knowledge to the members of the Corps of RCEME about the initiative, who is it intended for, what problems the organization is seeking to tackle and much more. For additional information on the the RCAO please consider reading the TORs and the DRCEME Communique. A revised version of the Communique and the TOR will be posted soon. Please stay tuned.
- Communique 01/2022 RCEME Culture Change Advisory Organization – Update
- Communique 04/2021 RCEME Culture Change Advisory Organization
Also… Please reach out!